Saturday, September 8, 2012

Notes from the President

For those of you who I have yet to meet, my name is Sabrina Squires and I am the current Panhellenic President. As my senior year is about to begin here at UW, I cannot help but reminisce on the times I have had here on this beautiful campus; and to be brutally honest, my college career wouldn't be the same if I didn't embark on the very same journey you are all about to do today... Formal Fall Recruitment.

I know this week may seem scary, intimidating and exhausting, but it will all be worth it in the end! And trust me, all of the chapters, your RC's, and the Panhellenic Executive Board are all feeling the same way.

As you go through recruitment, remember a few things:


  • Keep an open mind
  • Be yourself
  • Ask questions
  • Meet new people
  • Have Fun!

I don't want to ramble on (because I tend to do that) so I'll wrap up. 

Going Greek was one of the best decisions of my life, and getting involved once I was apart of a chapter was even more rewarding. College goes by fast, so I encourage you to live it up, meet as many people as possible, get involved, laugh, do something out of the ordinary and have fun!

Cherish every moment of your college career, including this upcoming week. The best of luck ladies! I'll see you around! 

Interfraternally, 

Sabrina Squires
Panhellenic President 

Here is a quick sneak peek on what it is like to be on the UW's Panhellenic Executive Board:

2011-2012 Exec. Board during Formal Fall Recruitment 2011
(I was V.P. Service & Scholarship back then)

2012-2013 Exec. Board at AFLV in St. Louis



No comments:

Post a Comment